Barossa icon, Château Tanunda, has been named “Best Australian Producer” for the 10th straight year at the world’s biggest wine show, the Berlin Wine Trophy 2022.
With a staggering one Grand Gold Medal and 14 Gold Medal winners announced from the two qualifying Berlin Wine Trophy 2022 tastings, Chateau Tanunda was excited to be announced this week as the Best Australian Producer for 2022.
This marks the 10th year straight for the company, having first won the award in 2010 in 2011, then every year since 2013.
Managing Director, Michelle Geber, said: “Our family is proud to see Chateau Tanunda taking its place amongst the best in the world. Winning this award for ten consecutive years is a reward to our team for the consistency of world-class quality that we know Chateau Tanunda wines present.”
“The founding vision of Chateau Tanunda in 1890: was to bring top-class Australian wines to the world stage. My family continues this passion over 130 Years later. It’s an honour to see the accolades supporting this dream. Named as the Best Australian Producer for ten years shows us the world is also taking notice!”
The Berlin Wine Trophy has become Germany’s most influential wine competition and the world’s largest international wine challenge under the patronage of the OIV and the UIOE. The BWT brings well-known producers and distributors from around the world together every year, with in excess of 20,000 entries from 41 countries.
Grand Gold Medal Winner:
Terroirs of the Barossa Ebenezer District Shiraz 2018
Gold Medal Winners:
- 50 Year Old Vines Shiraz 2020
- 50 Year Old Vines Shiraz 2019
- 50 Year Old Vines Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
- Terroirs of the Barossa Greenock Shiraz 2018
- Terroirs of the Barossa Marananga Shiraz 2018
- Terroirs of the Barossa ‘Eden Valley’ Shiraz 2020
- The Château Single Vineyard Shiraz 2020
- The Château Single Vineyard Chardonnay 2021
- The Château Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
- The Château Single Vineyard Bethanian Shiraz 2019
- The Château Single Vineyard Shiraz 2019
- Heritage Release Old Vine Shiraz 2019
- Grand Barossa Shiraz 2020
- Matthews Road Shiraz 2020
For further media information, contact: Mitch McKenzie – firstname.lastname@example.org, (08) 8563 3888